STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Signs

Every once in a while I come across something on Facebook, or receive an email from a friend that I think is worth sharing. This arrived last night in my inbox and it made me chuckle, so I thought you might enjoy it too... It's a dreary wet day here, a good day for a laugh!

SIGNS TO MAKE YOU CHUCKLE

Sign in a shoe repair shop:
We will heel you,
We will save your sole,
We will even dye for you. 

Sign over a Gynecologist's office:
Dr. Jones, at your cervix

Sign in a Podiatrist's office:
Time wounds all heels.

Sign at an Optometrist's office:
If you don't see what you're looking for, you've come to the right place.

Sign on a plumber's truck:
We repair what your husband fixed.

Sign on an electrician's truck:
Let us remove your shorts.

Sign on a maternity room door:
Push. Push. Push. 

Sign in a Veterinarian's waiting room:
Be back in five minutes. Sit! Stay! 

Sign at the electric company:
We would be delighted if you send in your payment on time. 
However if you don't , YOU will be de-lighted.

Sign in the front yard of a funeral home:
Drive carefully. We'll wait. 

And the best for last...
Sign on the back of a septic tank truck:
Caution - This truck is full of political promises.

Peace,
Linda

"A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~ Charlie Chaplin

6 comments:

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

Hello dear Linda and thank you for the fun post!
I will need to consult a dictionary to understand the sign on an electrician's truck, but I can say I enjoyed this post very much! I may need to write down some of these... :)
Wishing you sunny and gentle autumn days! xx

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We can all appreciate the very last one. Might as well laugh! lol Hugs!

Jennifer said...

Excellent, and the last one is so true!

Sandi Mac said...

Thanks!! I actually read these about 5 minutes before the electrician showed up because there was a short in our heating system!!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Thanks for the snickers!!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I think I've seen this too but always good to read again for a chuckle.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...