STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig!

It's been a week since my last post! Acckkk! But I do have a good reason, if that helps. I was off on a teaching trip to Nova Scotia. I had hoped to get a few posts written and scheduled to publish while I was away, but it just didn't happen. But now I'm home and we'll carry on...
First of all I have to say a huge Thank You to all the gals at the Mariners Quilt Guild of Dartmouth for making me feel so welcome and for spoiling me all weekend! They could not have been more helpful, and my every need was taken care of. Special thanks to Jackie L. for all the arrangements for the workshop and securing such a wonderful bright classroom at St. Mary's University. I joked with them that as an Acadia grad, it was difficult for me to imagine myself teaching at SMU. ("Back in the day" Acadia and SMU were arch-enemies...) And special thanks too to my friend Karen Henry who so kindly hosted me for four nights.
We had two wonderful classes on the weekend, and believe me, I had every bit as much fun as they did!
All the students were keen to learn and try new techniques. They could not have been a nicer group. The only "challenge" was what we woke up to on Sunday morning - SNOW! Ugh. This is the view looking out my bedroom window at 7:30a.m. Sadly it prevented one gal from getting to class, but the rest were troopers and all showed up, even despite some power outages!
Of course I managed to squeeze in visits to a few quilt shops in the area, and do my bit to boost the local economy... lol. The trip was capped off with their monthly guild meeting on Monday evening, at which I gave a Trunk Show. You can view two slide shows from the weekend's activities on their guild's blog here. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with the Mariners Guild- thanks again gals!
Now I'm back home and busily looking after some other commitments, the first one being preparing for the Gathering of the Guilds next weekend. There is lots of work waiting to be done outside as well; my perennial beds all need to have their winter blanket of leaf mulch removed- the tulips, daffodils, scilla and other spring bulbs are pushing up their shoots, and a few perennials are already appearing too. I can't wait for some colour! The snow is gone, and I'm already tired of looking at drab brown grass... although there are tiny green patches here and there. Yay! Come. On. Green. I just had to put up a new "spring-y" header, I am so anxious for spring colour!! What about you? Has spring arrived where you are?

Peace,
Linda

Spring is here! I'm so excited, I wet my plants!

2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Man!! You are a busy lady!! Sorry you had to go find snow though. Yes, Spring has finally found it's way to Northern Indiana and our temps are headed to the high 60s and a 70 or two. I have been working outside a little each day, but staying close to Terry who seems to have caught some kind of bug.
Have a great weekend.
xx, Carol

Jeanna said...

I know how lucky those ladies were to see your trunk show. :)

Hope you get your spring soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...