STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Monday, September 1, 2014

Of Puppies and Peaches....

Well the Labour Day long weekend is just about over. September is here and with it a return to more of a routine, perhaps... It's been a busy weekend here. Darling daughter has been and gone, packing up some of her stuff that was still here, and has moved to Ontario.  :(   We just heard from her an hour ago, that they have arrived safely and are all "unloaded" at their new place.  :)   Mark has finished his summer job at the hospital and tomorrow returns to complete the remaining portion of his Clinical.
I made my Peach Jam today, 12 bottles of yumminess, and just finished cutting up a large batch of crock pickles... the cucumbers are threatening to escape the boundaries of the garden - I think the plants must be on steroids or perhaps fertility drugs!! I'm trying my best to keep ahead of them.. lol

I had a little visitor this afternoon - this is the "newest member" of our extended family. My brother and SIL got a new cocker spaniel puppy in late July. I can't believe how much he has grown in six weeks. Introducing Zora - isn't he cute? Their cockers have always been blonde, so he is a change for sure! He is definitely full of mischief and is keeping his "parents" on their toes!














Peace,
Linda

"Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies."
~ Gene Hill





3 comments:

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Your peach jam looks yummy, the only thing I did with a fast softening basket of peaches was to make a crisp.
Love Zora's colouring, he'll be a ball of energy and mischief for about 4 years. :-)
Where in Ontario did your daughter move to? Close enough to me that we could visit sometime?

Pamela Gordon said...

I'm sure you will miss Laura with her so far away! Zora is so. cute. I love cockers. My cousin always had one - well two - both black and both named Blackie. :) Your peach jam looks great. I hope to get some Lady Ashburnham pickles made when we get home. That's if there are any cucumbers left that the crows didn't pick to pieces.

GailM. said...

oh, I could just cry. Looking at Zora, I miss Dutchess, our little caramel cocker. She had the same look on her face as Zora. Just look at that sweet face.

I should try to make some peach jam. My husband loves jam every morning on his toast!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...