STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Catch Up Time!

I'm back! I've had a little self-imposed blog break, but hope to be here much more regularly now. So much has gone on in the last few weeks, it's going to take me a while to get caught up! I guess the sensible thing to do is to pick up where I left off. Our Spring Choir Concert was a great success and for those of you who missed it, here's a little sample below. Following are links to three songs we performed, all written by award-winning composer Donna Rhodenizer of Kentville N.S.  Donna was in attendance, and it was such a thrill for us to have her there. We loved her beautiful music and hope we will perform more of her pieces in the future. I felt a special connection to each of these pieces - the first because I am a proud Maritimer and I do love the sea, the second because it is about a quilt (no need for explanation there!) and the third because it speaks to me about the importance of each person in a large group.. being a member of this Choir, and my Quilting Guild, I know that every person in a group makes a difference. I do hope you'll click on these links and give a listen...

http://youtu.be/u9jbaj5GlMM
 
http://youtu.be/U0nWsejbhfk 
 
http://youtu.be/JbGG85txbrI 
 
We are very pleased to donate the proceeds of our concerts to groups within our local community and after this concert, we made sizeable donations to the Hospital Foundation and Hospice Fredericton.  :)

Photo from Canadian Press/ Marc Grandmaison
Today here in my province we are mourning the loss of three young dedicated RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) Constables. They were senselessly gunned down last Wednesday evening in the line of duty in Moncton. All three were fathers of young children. Please say a prayer for the families of Const. Fabrice Gevaudan, Const. Doug Larche and Const. Dave Ross. I have two close friends who are retired RCMP, and they were there today at the Regimental Funeral service along with thousands of their colleagues to honour their fallen brothers. You can be sure I'll be giving them extra big hugs next time I see them, and thanking them for their service. So very sad....


Peace,
Linda

"The word 'happiness' would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness." ~ Carl Jung

8 comments:

Jennifer Scantlebury Vienneau said...

I bet you find yourself humming, “The Quilt” quite often when you are sewing, Linda! What a wonderful song!

quilton said...

I thought of you last week when tragedy struck Moncton. Our hearts go out to all of you in New Brunswick. A sad day for all.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I didn't listen in each song in its entirety but what I heard was beautiful, especially The Quilt. Donna is a talented artist.
Our daughter and her husband are police officers and we were all saddened by the tragedy in your province, and pray for the families of those men.
Cooler temperatures and rain here but it is welcome to water our veggie gardens.

Pamela Gordon said...

Hi and welcome back. I'm glad your concert was a success again. My heart aches for those dear families of the RCMP. So many were touched by this tragic event in some way. So very sad.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That is so sad about the terrible tragedy. I'll pray for the families. It's nice to hear from you my friend! Sweet hugs, Diane

Anne Mattie said...

Beautiful choir presentations Linda. Thanks for posting them. We received your lovely thank you note and after it was read, a draw was made from the names of those who took your workshop and I WAS THE WINNER of the card!! Thank you so much!

Gwen Buchanan said...

A gathering of lovely voices and spirits.. Lovely to see and hear. Thanks for posting the links.

Sheila said...

Wonderful choir , beautiful voices ! The tragedy of the loss of the three officers was so sad but it was wonderful to see the nation come to support the families in their time of need . Our oldest son is in the RCMP and I know how deeply it affected him .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...