STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Go Canada!

Are you watching the Olympics? How about that curling game this morning?!! Canada's women's team, led by Skip Jennifer Jones has put on quite the show, going into this gold medal game undefeated. A perfect Olympic run! A record! They play so well under pressure.. a team to be proud of. Well done Jennifer Jones, Kaitlyn Lawes,  Jill Officer and Dawn McEwen!!!
Now we can turn our attention to hockey, with the hopes of more gold there... Today the Women play for gold and tomorrow our Men's team plays the USA in the semis... Woohoo! GO CANADA!
How do you like the Olympic banners? Obviously the influence of quilting is alive and well. Love that colorful patchwork design.. just sayin'....
Gotta go grab some lunch before the hockey game starts....
Catch ya later...

Peace,
Linda

“Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: The potential for greatness lives within each of us.” -- Wilma Rudolph, U.S. gold medalist in track and field

2 comments:

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I've been watching the olympics when I can, figure skating and skiing are my favourites.
I'll let you root on our curling and hockey teams Linda.

Country Gal said...

I used to watch them but now I find I have no interest in them any more but I do hope Canada whips their butts !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...