STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Reconnecting...

Several days ago I enjoyed a lovely visit with an old friend. Or should I say a friend from the past, as she certainly is not old - she's younger than I. And I'm not old yet!! As children we were neighbours,  attended the same elementary school, went to Brownies and Girl Guides together and shared lots of fun times at Guide Camp in the summers of our youth. (Remember the morning we woke up and the tent had come down on top of us, Debby?) Actually we are related - something like 4th cousins, I think.
As often happens, life took us in different directions and we sort of lost touch for many years. We now live in the same city again,  but rarely seem to cross paths. Until a few weeks ago when I got an email from her. She wrote to tell me how much she enjoys reading my Blog. How the heck did she find my blog, I wondered... So we planned a get-together and since we share a love of gardening she promised me a Garden Tour. (She didn't have to ask me twice! lol) We live only about 10 minutes drive apart so I drove up to
her home and we headed out with her two energetic dogs for a walk along the river. It was a beautiful morning - sunny blue skies and not yet too hot. We chatted and got caught up on our families and what all our siblings and children are doing. She is a biologist and field expert so she was identifying wildflowers and plants for me as I took photos. (you'll see some of those on Wildflower Wednesday.)
We saw boblinks and two juvenile eagles (see previous post for those photos), but no deer as she had the previous morning.

 After returning to her home for a cold drink, she took me on a tour of her extensive gardens. As well as several good sized vegetable plots and strawberries, raspberries, grapes, currants, kiwi, and apples, she also has numerous perennial beds and an herb garden. Well, you know that my camera was busily a-clickin'... I'm sharing a few of my favourite shots with you. Thanks Debby, it was great fun, and we'll do it again real soon...







Peace,
Linda

Take a walk in the garden of life and enjoy the beauty of it all...


3 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

That sounds like fun to meet up with an old schoolmate after so many years. She certainly lives in a beautiful spot if that's her view. Gorgeous flower shots Linda. Are you packed yet?

Jeanna said...

Beautiful! This was a great way to catch up with a friend from the past. I look forward to seeing your wildflower photos :)

Anonymous said...

What a coincidence that you both enjoy gardening so much. How nice to reconnect after so many years. And I really enjoy your beautiful photography. Lucy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...