STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Thursday, July 18, 2013

And We're Off....

Remember Peter, Paul and Mary and their song Leavin' On A Jet Plane?   "All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go....."
As you read this I am on my way to pick up darling daughter and then we're headed for the Halifax airport. We fly overnight to Frankfurt, have a 2.5 hour wait, then on to Prague, arriving before you are awake tomorrow morning, if all goes well....
I hope to be able to blog from Prague...Blog from Prague - that has a nice ring to it!!  lol Anyway, we'll see how that goes. I've been told that it's sometimes not easy, as there is not only a language difference, but also the whole Blogger thing is different.. Hopefully I'll be able to figure it out and get things to post.
At the very least, I hope to be able to post some photos - maybe there won't be much commentary.. who knows? I'll do my best....
We have a man coming along with us.. yep, that's my dirty little secret... I haven't told  anyone...  We're being accompanied by Rick Steves.. in the form of his Guidebook to Prague. His Guidebooks are THE BEST!!!  (Had ya goin' there for a minute, didn't I?)
I'll let you know when we've arrived in the "City of A Hundred Golden Spires".... Prague is 5 hours ahead of my home town... just so ya know!
Feel free to say a prayer for our safety while we travel for the next 12 days...

Peace,
Linda

"To travel is worth any cost or sacrifice." ~ Elizabeth Gilbert,   Eat, Pray, Love.

6 comments:

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Have fun Linda. You can always share when you get home if the blogger thing doesn't work out.
Judith

Dolores said...

Have a wonderful trip. I hope the weather's nice.

Pamela Gordon said...

Have a wonderful, wonderful time Linda and Laura! I'll be thinking of you and praying for your safety. I hope the blog thing works out and if not, you'll be busy when you get home sharing with us then. God bless, my friend. Pam

Gwen Buchanan said...

Bon Voyage, Linda! Have the time of your life!! so exciting!

Lorette said...

You will LOVE Prague! We were there in mid-May before the floods... I hope they're back to business now. Enjoy your trip and stay safe!

Anonymous said...

How exciting!!! Bon Voyage my friend. Can't wait to hear about your travels. Lucy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...