STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Subtle November Beauty


You've heard me say before that I don't care for November. It's grey.. brown.. dull.. dreary.. getting cold and colder... ugh. But sometimes one can see beauty in simple things. This morning as my hubby walked across the backyard near the deck he noticed a spider web covered in frost which the sun hadn't reached yet. So - you know me - I headed out with camera in hand. Those shots were not anything special- just couldn't get a good angle, so not worth showing. But as I walked around 





the yard, I could see frost on an evergreen which I thought looked pretty- not perhaps as pretty as a fresh soft snow would look- but that will come all in good time.. (don't hurry, Mother Nature!) The little frost-covered "ropes" of webbing reminded me of garland on a Christmas tree... maybe Ma Nature is starting her own decorating for the season...









Just thought I'd share the beauty with you. And wishing all my American friends a wonderful Thanksgiving this weekend. Enjoy your family get-togethers and if you are travelling, be safe.

Peace,
Linda


"The frost performs its secret ministry, Unhelped by any wind."
~ Samuel Taylor Coleridge



2 comments:

GailM. said...

Nice. I enjoyed looking at all the frost when out for my walk this morning. What a beautiful day. Beautiful pics.

Pamela Gordon said...

Wasn't that a beautiful day?? Your photos are wonderful and depict the beauty to be found on a frosty morning. BTW your fruit cakes look delicious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...