STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Progress...




It's time to show you my progress on the red quilt (I haven't come up with a name yet.. suggestions welcomed...). The nine patches are all done- you can see half of them here.














The next step is to attach the string-pieced triangles to the nine patches. I know- this looks VERY red at this point.














But when the next set of components are made and attached, the look of the block will change considerably. Trust me. In a few more days I'll "unveil" the finished block. Until then, I'll be busy adding the triangles to the nine patches, and making the rest of the components. LOTS more cutting to do....  As you can see, Ollie my constant companion, is ever by my side. Here he is catching a quick nap on the ironing board, being helpful by holding down some fabric....
 Not sure how much progress I'll make over the Thanksgiving weekend... If all goes as planned, Laura arrives home tomorrow night, and Mark on Friday.... the turkey dinner is beckoning them home... lol

Piece,
Linda

Quilters are a scrappy bunch...

6 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

It looks gorgeous already Linda! I'm glad your kids are coming home. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!

Darlene D said...

Can't wait to see what's coming next! They look great, especially love the occasional maple leaf! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Karen said...

Love how rich those reds look. I especially like that 9 patch with the maple leaf in the centre.
Don't you love it when the family is all home for Thanksgiving? I can't wait for the weekend to start!

GailM. said...

Me too. I have a houseful for thanksgiving, and I love it. I can just smell the stuffed turkey cooking now. The red blocks are sweet. Looks like a pattern in a McCalls pattern book that I bought last year. It had a beautiful red and white quilt on the cover. That's why I bought the book. Maybe that's when my red obsession started.... Can't wait to see yours done.

Janet said...

I do not post often but I do read often. I was so excited you had a new post!! I can not wait so see how your red quilt progresses. I think it is gorgeous so far!

Anonymous said...

Great RED quilt! Just like the children's book -- Red is Best! The pic with Ollie and the candycane fabric is gorgeous!

Jeanne Kaye

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...