STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Faces and Places

Tonight I have a few more images from a beautiful fall day at Kings Landing. Can you tell I love that place?! haha I have to admit, it does hold a special place in my heart...  Maybe the fact that part of the land it's built on belonged to my Dad's ancestors is why it feels like
"home" ... My father loved it there; he visited often and loved to chat with people, staff and visitors alike. I think he'd be very proud to see his daughter and grand-daughter "carrying on the tradition". Actually now we have his great-grand-daughter coming along too. This summer, Laura convinced my great-niece Mallory that she should volunteer at KL and she took to it like a duck to water. She travelled with Laura and worked in the
same house. Mallory loved it and can't wait to return next summer! So now we have another KL lover in the family. lol   Here are "my girls" above checking out George's "mail order bride".. And of course they had to check out the chickens at the Joslin farm.. "Are they as plump as our chickens at the Hagerman House?" In a future post, I'll share a few more pics of Mallory in costume. She and I had fun on Agricultural Fair weekend, in some of the competitions.
Kings Landing is so picturesque. There are photo ops everywhere you look. I hope you won't be bored by a few more pics.. faces and places.. on the final weekend. The site is now closed until next spring, except for the wonderful All Hallows Eve and Christmas dinners at the Kings Head Inn. There's a chance I may get to one of these dinners.. with luck... and if I do, you can be sure I'll be taking my camera along...
 
 
Laura finished off her visit with the annual  Turkey Shoot, firing a Brown Bess musket. Her forehead was black with gunpowder after the musket fired...  lol

Peace,
Linda

There is nothing half as pleasant as coming home again.

3 comments:

Darlene D said...

Great pictures! Have you been to Sherbrook Village?

Gwen Buchanan said...

Love these pics... It sure is beautiful there.. so interesting that the land was once in the family.

Anonymous said...

Did Laura hit the bull's eye? Her Great Aunt Gwenn would be proud to see her shoot!!

Ron...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...