STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wildflower Wednesday




What does "June" make you think of? To me, June means lupins, wild roses, weddings, graduations.... Since I have no wedding or grad photos to share this year, and we've already looked at lupins last Wednesday, I guess that means today is all about wild roses...
I don't have much to say today (that's a switch, I know!!) so I'll just let you enjoy my photos of various wild roses... I don't know their proper botanical names - to me every rose smells sweet!!   :)
































Can't you just smell that sweet scent?  Aaahhhh, summer....






Peace,
Linda

"Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses."  
~ Alphonse Karr

5 comments:

Catskill Quilter said...

Linda, I look forward to your Wildflower Wednesdays! Thanks for the lovely photos.

Pamela Gordon said...

So pretty Linda. I like the double one. I only see the single ones along the road here. I hope the rain soon stops so I can get out walking again and enjoy the sweet scent of roses in the air.

Gwen Buchanan said...

Rosebuds are so elegant...

Melissa said...

Amazingly gorgeous colours and I know they smell wonderful!

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Lovely rose pictures Linda! The wildroses are blooming everywhere here. Yesterday on our Canada Day photo jaunt I was thrilled to come across a Scarlet Mallow. Hadn't seen one for a couple of years.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...