STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Monday, June 11, 2012

After the Rain...

Like many I'm getting more than a little tired of all the dreary overcast weather, not to mention the rain... Surely now that we are well into June, it's time for some sunny warm weather.... Running the furnace in June to take away the dampness is discouraging...
But I must say I do enjoy a stroll around the yard after the rain to see how all the gardens fared ... Here are some closeup looks at what I saw.... Can you tell I'm playing with my Macro lens?






Peace
Linda

"Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby".    ~ Langston Hughes

8 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

Isn't it nice that we're getting a full week of sunshine this week? Great photos. I like the angle of the last one. Enjoy the sunshine!

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Gorgeous photos Linda! I too enjoy the super macro feature on my camera. We were just visiting family in Alberta and in the last week they've had 4 1/2 inches of rain. On our drive to B.C. the rivers are definitely all very full. It sure was wonderful to see the sun shine today!

MissesStitches said...

Your raindrop photos are great! Really beautiful.

Marie Alton said...

Well ... Linda ... while rain seems to be a pain ... you resally did manage to snatch some seriously cool shots of it ... the whole Macro lens thing seems quite superb. Wonderful shots!

I stood out back today debating whether I wanted to get the Weedeater out ... & try to tame the growth out there ... but it was still so wet ... I decided not ... I could hear thunder rumbling ... & figured it was better left for another day.

Hoping things will dry a bit by Friday ... so I can tackle it then.

It's a "wait & see" at this point.

All that aside I have made some gardening progress ... got the rest of my Impatients planted ... some weeding in the courtyard done ... and Mel got some Morning Glories & Sunflowers germinted ... so more pretty blooms will be on the way soon!

This morning was so hot and muggy ... and my hair was far too long ... so one of the first things on my first agenda was to get a haircut. That being done ... I'm feling much cooler ... ahhhhh!
Hugs ... Marie

Marie Alton said...

Hi ... me again ... have to apologize for my typos... but am sure you caught my message!

GailM. said...

Just look what macro can do with a skilled eye behind that viewfinder. Beautiful.

Melissa said...

Beautiful photos! Sometimes rain can create magic too.

Anonymous said...

I love stopping by to look at the pictures... beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...