STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Tired of Winter White!

Winter and White go together when you live in Canada. Snow is just a normal part of winter here, taken for granted. But even though we have gotten off relatively easy this year, as far as snowfall goes, I am still longing for spring and green!  We've had more snow in the past week than we've had all winter, I think... and it's starting to wear thin. I'm tired of winter, of snowfall, and ready to see the sprouting of tender green shoots of.. anything!!
I thought you might be feeling the same so here are some "summer white" photos for you, with a good dose of green.... Enjoy!



Peace,
Linda

"White is not a mere absence of color: it is a shining and affirmative thing, as fierce as red and as definite as black. God paints in many colors, but He never paints as gorgeously, I had almost said so gaudily, as when he paints in white." ~ G.K. Chesterton

5 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

You know I really like these photos. :) They are a nice contrast to the white snow outside.

Linda H said...

Thanks Pamela. I don't know about you, but I'm at the point where I'd rather look at summery whites than wintery snow....

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Such beautiful photos, especially the pink tipped white tulip. We haven't seen much snow this winter so I'm not quite sick of it yet but am certainly ready for spring anyways. Will be starting some seeds next week!

Marie Alton said...

Hang in there Linda ... spring is coming ... getting closer every day ... March is officially here and before you know it ... green things will begin to appear!

I think this has been one of the strangest winters ever ... while it's been great to not have to shovel a lot of snow ... I wonder if that will make for a wet spring ... and summer! I guess we'll see.

Love your pics of white summery flora ... my personal fave in that category has to be daisies ... and am looking forward to seeing them again soon!

Hugs ... Marie

libbyquilter said...

beautiful post~!!~
love that last shot of the white bleeding hearts~!

:-)
libbyQ

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...