STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

White Christmas?

Yes, I am still here... I've just been very busy. I know that's not an excuse but it's the best I can do. (Are you listening JK?) The last week or so has been chock full of activities and things to get done. As well as all the usual routine, and Christmas preparations, I've had two Ladies luncheons, a birthday surprise party for a friend, our Ladies Choir concert and tonight our Choir dinner, a three day trip to Halifax to "retrieve" Laura, etc. etc. So you see, I haven't just been sitting here eating Bonbons and sugarplums! I've finished several beaded Santas, several projects which I can't tell you about until after the 25th, and a cross-stitch which I took to the framer at 10:30 a.m. today and had it back by 3:30 p.m. Now that's  exactly the kind of service one needs just a few days before Christmas!
It hasn't looked like we would have a white Christmas - I was thinking the only white we would see would be this white poinsettia.... But we did get a dusting of snow last night - not even enough to really cover the ground but at least it is a suggestion of white- perhaps there will be more before the big day...

So- I am almost ready for  Christmas. The decorating is pretty much done except for our tree. It is up and has the lights on. Hopefully the ornaments will go on tomorrow... You cannot imagine what a big helper Ollie is with the decorating. He is just as excited as any kid. He especially likes the garland which goes up on the stairway railing and over the kitchen cabinets. He gets so excited when that big orange bag appears- like any young child he loves playing IN the bag....
The cards and letters are done (that's a BIG woohoooo!). The baking and wrapping will get finished up over the next few days... So I am "getting there"... I'm feeling confident that all will be in place by Christmas Eve.
One of the highlights of the last week was a surprise birthday party for a good friend who was having a "significant" birthday. Her husband and I had fun "scheming" and planning for several months to pull off a get-together of about 20 close friends at their home. And we did it- she had no clue at all until she walked in the door after being taken out for brunch. What fun! You feel great when you truly pull off something like that! There were several surprise guests who had traveled from another province (one being her daughter) so that made the whole surprise even better.
I hope your Christmas preparations are going smoothly, and like me you will soon enjoy some well deserved "put up your feet" time.. I can't wait. My good book is waiting.. all I need now is some chocolate to go with it...

Peace
Linda

Santa's Wish List:
1, Wider chimneys
2. Better hours
3, Fat free cookies

2 comments:

GailM. said...

Oh how fun to plan a fun party. The concert was beautiful as usual last Sunday. We really enjoyed it... I am glad for our dusting of snow. And that's enough as far as I'm concerned. Have a happy Solstice. It's all brighter from here on in... Merry Christmas.

Karen said...

It made me feel better to read that your tree is not decorated (misery loves company!) Ours is up as well but that's it - hopefully the lights will go on later today. We were trying to give Polly a chance to get over the novelty of it all before we electrified it. She chews. Love the picture of Ollie in the bag!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...