STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Monday, December 5, 2011

Progress...

Yes I am still here. I've been so busy sewing I haven't taken time to blog. Sorry, as I promised you updates. The quilt is progressing quite nicely... good thing, as I must have it ready in less than 24 hours now. Tomorrow night is our Guild Christmas Social, and I promised to have it there for the workshop committee. I will hopefully be teaching a class on  this quilt for my Guild, so it has to be shown for "sign-ups". So - I've been burning the midnight oil, as they say. Okay, those of you who know me well know I am always burning the midnight oil. I sew late into the evening, usually past midnight most nights... I must say, my back is a little tired these last few days...
So- the progress report: All 48 pairs of light units and 48 pairs of dark units are done, and I have over half assembled into  blocks. I hope to finish at least 6 more tonight before bed. I'll take a pic of my design wall tomorrow once all the blocks are up. Then of course, I have to sew them into rows, and put the rows together... Right now I'm thinkin' someone else might be makin' supper tomorrow night....
My garbage can is overflowing with trimmings and bits.. and I have emptied 8 spools of thread in the last week or so... mind you they weren't all new full spools...

Piece!
Linda

"Victory belongs to  the most persevering." ~ Napoleon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...