STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Twins!!

Here they are- the latest twins. No, not babies - were you all excited? Sorry. No babies here...
I have finished the second runner. One for me, and one for a friend. Several people have asked about the pattern for this runner. Well, the good news is you really don't need a pattern. It is simply four rows of half square triangles, with a square of your background fabric in each corner. You could make the hst's any size you wish, depending on how large you would like your runner to be. Mine are 3" finished, giving a runner 12" x 36". You will need an equal number of hst's in red and green - I have used 22 of each - you could make it longer or
shorter by adding or decreasing zigzags with increments of 4 hst's. I'm sure you can do the layout just by looking at my photos. I used a variety of reds and greens, (it's a great way to use up "leftovers" )  mixing batiks and tone on tones mostly, with  a few prints. My background is a Moda polka dot print from the Countdown to Christmas line. I quilted in straight lines, simply echoing the zigzag shape, the same way Ann did hers - hey, if it works why re-invent the wheel? My thanks again to Ann V. for bringing this runner to our Guild November "funday" and sharing it with us. Ann found the block in a past issue of  Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks, and turned it into a Christmas runner, so the "design credit " goes to Ann!

Piece,
Linda

Come sit at my table and share with me - warm gingerbread
cookies and cinnamon tea....

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Thank you! I just got asked to make a table runner for Christmas from a person who likes simple but classy and i am going to do it just like yours! Whew , you saved me a ton of design time.

GailM. said...

Twins... ha ha. You had me!!! I really like them too. I'm surprized you didn't do a blue version. I love the red and green colors though. I am getting one of those fabric die cutters soon, and I have one die already. It's for 4.5" half square triangles. I'm not sure if that is a finished size or not, but you can bet, that this will be a fun, but small and simple first project to do with my new cutter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...