STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Long week, wet weekend...

This seemed to be a looong week, and I am tired! But I have accomplished a good deal, so it's all worth it. My teaching travels have begun again, with two classes this week, both out of town. On Thursday I did a Miniatures class for a great group of gals at a private home, upriver. We had such fun and I think I may have created a few new Miniature addicts like myself! lol Thanks Kathy and to all the group, for a fun day. I have about six new "Miniature wanna-do's" swimming around in my head now.. just what I needed  - more to add to the growing list!  :0)
Today I taught a Fundamentals class for the Woodstock Guild- again a great group of keen ladies. It was a good day, and other than my annoying cough, I think it went well. Thanks Ladies, for a great day! Two down, three to go. As you probably know, I'm a nighthawk and NOT a "bounce out of bed at an early hour" type, so being on the highway before 7:45a.m. is a bit of a stretch for me!! Thank God for the radio to keep me awake...
I have no photos tonight, but promise a few tomorrow. I have finished my Autumn stitchery piece- you may not see it until it's framed (next week). I have the blocks sashed and together on the latest Miniature - it's a Shoo-Fly. I promise you a pic tomorrow, whether I get the borders on or not. In fact I may be looking for some opinions... Other accomplishments this week are not significant, but feel good, nonetheless. Things like a big batch of Turkey Soup and lots of stewed tomaters  in the freezer. Yummmm...
Oops - almost forgot to tell you, in case you were waiting with baited breath - Queen Elizabeth II's coronation gown is NOT in town, as we were led to believe. What we did see on Wednesday afternoon was the current exhibit of Royal portraits, and one small sample of the embroidery that was on her gown. It was framed and not much bigger than 8"x10". The designer, Hartnell, did a number of samples for  Elizabeth's approval during the design process and it was one of these that we saw. You might be interested in visiting my friend Susan's blog - Plays with Needles - here - she did a lovely writeup a while back on the coronation gown, while she was making a "Queen" herself. Do go have a look and see the 3500 hours worth of embroidery, done by the Royal School of Needlework. The sample that she shows in that post is the one we saw, I believe, or very close to it.... It was spectacular, and very interesting to see, but a bit disappointing I must say, when we thought we were going to see the entire gown!!!   :(
I'm being totally lazy tonight, lounging on the couch with a good book - The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton. My quote below is a line I read about an hour ago - loved it... Okay, gotta go! Kate Morton is calling me back...

Peace,
Linda

"The happiest folk are those that are busy, for their minds are starved of time to seek out woe."
~ Kate Morton in The Forgotten Garden

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...