STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

"You say To-may-to...

..and I say To-mah-to".. Isn't that how the song goes? Well anyway, I'm (happily) up to my eyeballs in tomatoes today. My garden crop was a total failure- lost them all to blight. I don't think I got more than a half dozen good tomatoes this year- the rest turned black and rotted in a very short time. How frustrating after nursing them along all summer. So I purchased a 22 pound box from my favourite friendly farmer at the Market on Saturday. I made one more batch of Ratatouille and am stewing and freezing the rest today. I love having a good supply of tomatoes on hand in the freezer- I use them all year long, for spaghetti sauce, chili, salsa, etc. Your own "home grown"  just taste SOO much better than those from a can... (If any of my local readers should happen to know of someone with an excess of garden tomatoes that they're trying to get rid of.. PLEASE let me know.   :)
I'm also busy gearing up for another "teaching season". I have six classes scheduled  for this fall, all out of town. Three are within the next 10 days, all different. So, that takes some prep time plus I'm trying to get one more Miniature done, since the class this Thursday is on Miniatures. I will have the top done, but it won't be quilted - I'll have to take it as a "flimsy". You'll see it in another day or two. I'm just sashing the blocks now...
In the evenings when I finally sit down, I'm stitching away on a new little Autumn piece- it's nearing completion too.
Last night was our first Embroiderers' Guild meeting, and tomorrow we are fortunate to go on a tour at our local Beaverbrook Art Gallery. As well as seeing the gallery's collection of tapestries, needlepoint and other embroidery-related exhibit pieces, we will be able to see Queen Elizabeth's coronation gown!! You can be sure I'll be taking some photos, IF they are allowed. Stay tuned....

Peace,
Linda

Gardeners are down to earth.

1 comment:

GailM. said...

Oh, how nice. I hear you on the tomatoes. I had half a bushel given to me two years ago, and I loved having the freebees. I made salsa out of them, and was it ever good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...