STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Summer Must be Near...

Summer must be nearby. How do I know that, you ask? Because my calendar is looking rather bare. Now don't get me wrong.. I have LOTS to keep me busy. I am NOT bored... But my "usual activities" have wound down.. Guild meetings are over until September. The Quilt Show is done. Choir is done. Our Spring Concert is over. My teaching is done. Yes it must be June.... I can hear the Junebugs buzzing at the window...
I thought you might like to see a few pics of the Ladies Choir I sing in (sent to me by friends). Our Spring Concert on May 29 was, by all reports, a great success. We are a smaller group for the winter/spring session as a number of our members travel in the winter, "snowbirding" and such.. I think we numbered about 96 for this concert (compared to 135+ at Christmas).
If you're wondering what we sound like, you can hear several of the selections we sang at this concert on Youtube here, here, here, here and here.I enjoy singing with this wonderful group so much, I really miss it through the summer months. We sang at a Retirement "Do" last week, for one of our Directors, who is retiring at the end of June. He and I have been friends since we were 11 or 12 years old... What a pleasure to be a small part of this special event in his life... Sure glad he's not retiring from Choir though... Best Wishes, Peter!!


Peace,
Linda

"Music expresses that which cannot be said, and on which it is impossible to be silent." ~ Victor Hugo

1 comment:

GailM. said...

I was there with my granddaughter Grace. We really enjoyed the concert. Grace sings in a choir at school and she loved the choreographed entrances, exits, and the precision placment of the people. She loved the music, and really enjoyed the songs that she knew like Do-Re-Me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...