STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Friday, January 14, 2011

Framed Indeed!

Along with all the other things going on this week, I've had two medical appointments, one being an eye exam, the first in 8 years. Imagine my pleasure when the Optometrist told me I had the healthiest eyeballs he'd seen in a while. Quote: "no problems - very very healthy, and very little change in your eyesight since I saw you in 2003". Well THAT made me feel good. Now if I could just get the rest of my body to stop changing/aging... haha
We did however, come to the decision that it is time for a pair of prescription reading glasses. I've been using the "drugstore variety magnifiers" for awhile now for reading, sewing and stitching. So I'm okay with getting a proper pair of readers. Since that appointment I have been to four different Optical businesses to look at frames, and I have to say - who's being framed here? Aren't the prices for frames absolutely ridiculous??? I couldn't believe it- anywhere from $79.00 to $149.00 to $179.00... I quit there... wasn't going any higher. Now maybe I am totally out of touch with reality today, but I think that is just totally crazy - for all they are- several little and I mean little pieces of metal and a bit of plastic!!! I know, I know, you're paying for the design... and the name.. but really, how crazy is that? The last pair of magnifiers/readers I bought at the drugstore were $25.00 and they have perfectly good decent frames..... and that price included the lenses too... I think we're being gouged here folks. Is it because they know most people have insurance that will cover the glasses, so they take advantage and charge a ridiculous price?
Sorry.. I just had to vent a little... "Framed" indeed....

Peace,
Linda

Sign in an optometrist's office - "If you don't see what you're looking for you've come to the right place".

3 comments:

Unknown said...

But Linda, you are so worth it!!!! Be careful, I can't see as well with my Buy One, Get One Frees as I can with my glasses from my Optometrist. My Father-in-Law had the wrong lens put in his. So, you get what you pay for.

Unknown said...

That would be Sandi said, from Peter's computer!!!

Shelley said...

As someone who has worn glasses her entire life! I completely agree that the price is outrageous. They always have been..they know you need those frames to hold the precious lenses..my last pair $349 with the lenses...that's a lot of fabric! LOL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...