STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"Blue Monday" on Tuesday?

Edit: This post was ready for yesterday but once again I was having trouble with my server, and photos would not load; by end of day I could not even sign onto my blog... so hence Blue Monday "on Tuesday"....

Apparently yesterday, January 17, was "Blue Monday". According to media reports, Blue Monday is the most depressing day of the year. (I wonder if it's because most people have just received their Visa bills for December? lol ) Studies show that many people seem to be at a "particularly low ebb" right now..."feeling blue"...
Well, I'm not! Yes it's cold (-19 last night - brrrr) and I don't particularly like winter. But I have a good store of chocolate on hand from Christmas, I have several projects underway (both quilting and stitching), I'm learning to hand quilt (more about that later), my stack of books to be read is growing... what more could a gal want in the depths of winter?
And I LOVE blue!! Anyone who knows me well knows that... So I've decided for the next few Mondays, I'm going to do a post called Blue Monday, to share some of my favourite blue things with you... Today, to get started, several shots of my collection of cobalt blue glass in my studio window, both shots taken by daughter Laura. Thanks hon! Next Monday- blue quilts...

Peace,
Linda

Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact. ~ William Jones

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh my, is that an "Evening in Paris" bottle? The one with the pointy silver cap?I am sure I am dating myself with that question...but I spotted it right away. Mom always had one sitting on her dresser when I was a young girl. I love them and have had my eyes peeled for a long time to find one. Beautiful!

Linda H said...

Ah Wendy! You've got sharp eyes! I was wondering if anyone would comment on that bottle- Yes it is Evening in Paris..from MY Mom's dresser! I also have a number of Noxzema bottles that were my mothers'. I can still smell both of those scents in my mind...

Marie Alton said...

OOOoooo ..I too LOVE blue! Cobalt is one of my fave blues ... what a lovely collection!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...