STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Friday, January 7, 2011

Basketball Dreamin'....

Before Christmas I told you about making a hockey pillowcase for my great nephew Nathan - you can see it here. Who would ever think that my 21, almost 22 year old son would want one as well? I really thought he would think he was too old for a "special" pillowcase... not so. Of course he informed me he would have to have TWO since he does have two pillows. Luckily I had two pieces of basketball fabric on hand in my stash; bought with him in mind, for sure, a number of years ago, probably when he was an FHS Black Kat. They don't match but he didn't care. I liked one better than the other, but again, he didn't care. There was enough length for the body of the pillowcase and I had the cuff and trim fabric so it was a quick and easy job. Here they are - perhaps they will help him dream of game-winning shots with his Intramurals team. Go Boys Go!
These pillowcases are so much fun to do with funky or bright colorful fabrics and I love the fact that all seams are enclosed (I do French seams along side and bottom). I can see more of these in my "sewing future". And what a great idea if doing a quilt for a child, to do a matching or co-ordinating pillowcase- what a special gift for a special child!

Piece
Linda

Life lessons you can learn from a child: Play more. Be curious. Get all wrapped up in what you're doing. Even the littlest things can bring you pleasure.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute even if they aren't matching! Love the contrast with the black. Makes the basketballs stand out so much more. I am having fun doing these pillowcases too. Everyone loves them and thinks I am so smart. Lucy

Karen said...

Love the orange fabric - almost looks 3D on the screen!

GailM. said...

Love them!!

drquilter said...

They look great! I love making pillow cases - always a wonderful gift!

Kathy said...

Linda, when I first looked at your photo (and I looked quickly) I thought you had cookies on a cookie sheet!
Love your choices. I made 2 yesterday out of cherry fabric, for my friends the Cherrys. Love the clean look and ease of construction.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...