STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Monday, November 8, 2010

Rainy Days and Mondays....

...always get me down.. Do you remember that song? Well we are having lots of rain here in the Maritimes... man oh man- it just won't stop. It's been raining for four days now, seems like forever. Many communities are having serious troubles with flooding, having received a foot (300 mm.) of rain!!! At least flooding is not a problem here. As I've said before, I am so grateful my Grandfather had the foresight to buy the family farm on a hill....
I seem to have been in a bit of a funk lately... maybe it's the wet weather. I'll use that as my excuse. I have nothing to show you for my time in the last week, but I will have photos soon- I've been working on some Christmas cross-stitch. If you followed me last Christmas, I shared with you my Charmed beaded Santas. I have been working on two Arctic Santas for this year and will soon be ready to share them with you. The stitching is complete, but I still have beading to do... Stay tuned...

Peace
Linda

Don't knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn't start a conversation if it didn't change once in a while. ~Kin Hubbard

3 comments:

GailM. said...

I love the Santa you gave to me last Christmas. I can't believe that in a few short weeks, we'll be putting up Christmas decorations again. How quick the time goes.

Quilting Queen said...

Well, now it is Tuesday, so get in the groove...at least it was 4 days and not 40...bought a boat yet????

Linda H said...

True, Quilting Queen, I should not be complaining as many others are far worse off with flooded homes. I am high and dry on a hill, just tired of moisture!! Longing for blue skies and a little sunshine.... Kiddos are both comin' home tonight for a 4 day weekend so they'll be my sunshine! :) I'm busy a-cookin' instead of a-sewin'...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...