STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Friday, October 29, 2010

Hallowe'en Fright

Here is my "just finished" little Hallowe'en door-hanger. It was a quick and easy cross-stitch that I saw on Jennifer's blog with a link to the pattern. So I'm passing it on to you- go here if you'd like the pattern. You could frame it, or finish it as a sachet to put in a bowl of treats, or pinecones, acorns, whatever.. I decided to make it into a little hanger for my kitchen door. I added a wired black and copper colored ribbon that's been in my stash forever, tacking it to the sides, and added a few bead "dingle-dangles". I also found in my "crafty stash" two Hallowe'en bells - a ghost and a pumpkin - which I hung from a metallic copper-colored ribbon. A quick and easy fun little dress up! Ollie might even enjoy batting at the bells!

Yesterday was a beautiful day with sunshine and warmer than usual temps.... I got a little more outdoor work completed. Today also feels almost "balmy" for end of October so I decided to take an outdoor shot of this "fall-ish"quilt to show you- so much prettier than over the back of the couch! As you can see my Burning Bush is at it's prime with bright red leaves.. wouldn't it be nice if they would stay through the winter- it would look so spectacular against the white snow! No such luck.. The quilt pattern was called Log Cabin Plus and came out of a magazine about 12 years ago. I used a variety of creams, beiges, tans and light golds for the lights and burgundies, greens and browns for the darks. I guess you would call it a "planned" scrap quilt. A checkerboard border is a great way to use up ends of strips... It is hand quilted and backed with a gold print and is one of my favourite scrap quilts.

Instead of finishing with a quote today- I'm going to give you a few Hallowe'en riddles - try them on your kids or grand-kids!!

Peace,
Linda

Q: What did one ghost say to the other ghost?
A: "Do you believe in people?"
Q: Why do mummies have trouble keeping friends?
A: They're so wrapped up in themselves
Q: What kind of streets do zombies like the best?
A: Dead ends
Q: Why do vampires need mouthwash?
A: They have bat breath
Q: What Do You Get When You Cross a Snowman With a Vampire?
A: Frostbite.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...