STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Back from "vacation"...?

OK, I guess you could say I've been taking a week's vacation from blogging... It's been a combination of just "very busy" and "writer's block". Sometimes I just don't have much to say - hard to believe, I know... In this last week I've been busy with meetings, choir practices, errands and appointments, a day trip, cleaning up the vegetable garden and a hundred other things it seems. I have managed to finish another excellent book: World Without End by Ken Follett. It was sooo good; I was totally wrapped up in life in the 1300's. Another book that I just did NOT want to end...
I've also finished machine quilting the tablerunner. I'm half done hand-stitching the binding, it will be finished tomorrow so check back for a final pic.
Fall has arrived in all it's glory. Although I hate to see the coming of colder weather, I love the autumn foliage. Thought you might enjoy a few shots of fall colour...
In my next post I'll share some photos from the Sussex Quilt Show "Autumn Splendour" last weekend. My friend Sandi Mac and I did a quick jaunt to Sussex last Friday to attend the show and we were not disappointed.

Piece,
Linda

"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order." ~ John Burroughs

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Wow Linda! I love the pic of the tree trunks with the shock of red maple leaves. The color and texture behind sure make the leaves pop.I just read the first chapter of World Without End at Amazon and it sounds very gripping. I may have to make a trip to the library next week. Looking forward to the finished table runner.
By the way I keep meaning to tell you how much your Oliver looks like my Sadie. Sadly she is not with us any more. Every time I see your cat it makes me think of mine. One day I will post a pic of her on my blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...