STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

F8 Finished

Here it is, quilted and bound. I ended up just stitching in the ditch on the "swirl", and along the border.. More than that flattened it too much. And with Miniatures, simplest is best. Too much quilting tends to distort. Finished size is just a hair under 10" square.
My next two projects are finishing up my NYC wallhanging, and a green tablerunner for a friend.. Not sure which will be first... Stay tuned...

Piece,
Linda

"Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no bird sang there except those that sang best." ~ Henry VanDyke

6 comments:

Quilting Queen said...

Well done! It is gorgeous...hard to believe it is only 10" it has such an impact. You're braver than I am to tackle such a small piece.

Riel Nason said...

Wow, I looked in your miniatures gallery after seeing this. It really is hard to believe all those beautiful quilts are so tiny. I can only imagine the size of the individual pieces! Amazing work.

Linda H said...

Thanks gals! It was great fun- I lOVE doing Miniatures....

Karen said...

Those narrow inner borders really set the piece off. Beautiful job, Linda. Hope you sent a picture of it to George S.? Designers love to see different interpretations of their originals.

bargello said...

Oh my soul Linda that is stunning!!!!

Linda H said...

Sorry to take so long to reply Karen. Yes I sent a copy of photo to George and also told him how much I enjoyed his pattern/design and his wonderful patent-pending ruler AND his "Foundation Stuff" - the foundation material he has developed along with 3M company. Love it!! No tearing off....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...