STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Canada Day!

Happy Canada Day everyone! Know that there are 50 ladies from Fredericton wearing red and white in Manhattan today; we plan to find a spot to stand proudly and sing a rousing version of Oh Canada! I wonder if anyone will stop to listen?

Check out the Fredericton Quilters' Guild here today for a red and white Show and Tell. I thought I'd post my three quilts that are red and white here as well, just to show a little patriotism! I am a proud Canadian!

The top one is a wallhanging I made to display all my quilting pins, and Guild and conference pins (shown here without pins). The small piece on the left is my Bears Paw miniature, measuring 15.5 " square. The last one at bottom is a large lap size quilt, Nine Patch and Rails. It was done as part of a nine patch exchange with a group of friends a few years back. Have a look at the photos on the Guild Blog and see if you can figure out which of those were also part of this exchange...
So what are you doing to celebrate Canada Day today? Going to a community celebration? A parade? Watching fireworks? Eating Strawberry Shortcake? Whatever you are doing to celebrate, do it with pride, for Canada is truly a wonderful place to live.

Peace
Linda

"We only need to look at what we are really doing in the world and at home and we'll know what it is to be Canadian". ~Adrienne Clarkson

2 comments:

Laura Hubbard said...

Happy Canada day, mommy!

Im enjoying working on Ed...I was fed strawberry shortcake at 2 different houses today; hee hee!

GailM. said...

Oh, I hope somebody videotapes you singing O'Canada in NY. Maybe you'll be a hit on youtube. I'm going to check. Nope, nothing that I could find. But I'll be thinking of you all down there today. What fun!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...