STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Friday, June 25, 2010

More Kumihimo

Just finished another Kumihimo bracelet. I think this is my sixth. This one is what you'd call a "custom" job I guess. I made it specifically to go with an outfit- rayon batik skirt, teal top and tan shoes/purse. I'm off to The Big Apple next Tuesday- yep, New York City here I come!!
So I'm trying to get some outfits pulled together so packing will be easy. Yes NYC will never be the same.... 49 of us, from the Ladies Choir I sing with, are going on a little trip!! We're not performing, it's just a pleasure trip, primarily to see some Broadway Shows. I'm seeing Mamma Mia, Jersey Boys and Billy Elliot. Others are seeing Wicked, Lion King and a few more... I can't wait! There's nothing like a Broadway Show. I also plan to spend a good chunk of time in the Garment District: I'm not much of a shopper when it comes to "fashion" but I'm sure I'll find something to spend money on there.... haha
Tonight we're off to a big Birthday Bash.... IF the Birthday Girl allows, I'll share some stories and/or pics tomorrow...

Peace,
Linda

"I have found out that there ain't no surer way to find out if you like people or hate them, than to travel with them." ~ Mark Twain

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...