STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Friday, May 21, 2010

What a difference a day makes...

How true, a day or two can make all the difference in the world. Take for example these tulip fields just outside of Chilliwack BC. My friend Wendy was anxious to take me to see them as they were in full bloom the weekend before when she and her hubby had driven by. Unfortunately by the time we got there (7 days later) they were pretty much past their peak. But I could imagine how glorious they must have been. Just picture what you see here- those few rows still with blossoms, for field upon field upon field- as far as you could see...Another thing to put on my list for another visit...

The last few days have sure thrown our household into a tizzy... Good news and bad. The good news first: on Wednesday night, my son who is heading into his fourth year of University won his years tuition and a spring break trip to Cancun Mexico. He is pretty excited! So is his bank account!

The bad news is yesterday my oldest brother (who lives next door to me) had a work-related accident and crushed his left foot. He is in hospital in Saint John, heavily sedated with a number of pins, screws and wires in his foot. The surgeon is not sure whether they'll be able to save the foot or not. Please say a prayer for him...
Yes indeed, things sure can change quickly...
I'll leave you with a few more photos to enjoy! Have a wonderful long weekend. I'll be gardening.. and saying some prayers while down on my hands and knees...
Peace,
Linda
"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."
~ Robert Brault

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your brother. I will definately keep him in my thoughts. Twice now my brother has almost lost finger/hand in an industrial accident. He recovered and I will hope the same for your brother. LindaG

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your brother being injured.
But I have a blog at:
candlburning.wordpress.com
where I share some info about my crushed foot injuries form a long time ago.
You might find some of that info useful, or maybe your brother might.
I am thinking of trying to put more in-depth info on the internet, as I know it is emergencies with these crush injuries, but i do get bogged down because of complexities.
Please read my blog, and you can email me at :
candlburning@gmail.com
if you want.
god bless

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...