STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Quilt Canada Part 3. More Winners


Here are more prize winners in the Trend Tex Challenge. The winner of the Trend Tex Award was my absolute favourite. It also won the Viewers Choice award, so I guess a lot of folks picked it as their fav! It is titled Lucy (the girl with kaleidoscope eyes) and was made by Susanne MacDonald of Medicine Hat AB. It was a beautiful piece and I loved the Beatles portraits along the bottom.




First place winner (below left) was Flying High by Linda Schmidt of Penticton BC. It was an incredible piece of work and certainly deserving of it's prize. I thought she made excellent use of the fabrics.











Second place (below right) went to Carol Greenhalgh of Kamloops BC for Celestial Stitching. This was also one of my most favourites. As with the first place winner, her piecing was exceptional.















Third place (left) was won by Wendy Tassone of Jasper AB for Spirit in the Sky. I missed the opportunity to get a photo of this piece, so I have taken an image from the CQA website.


This show never ceases to amaze me. There were over 100 quilts returned this year.The creativity and the variety of interpretations of the theme just blow me away. Congrats to all entrants as well as the winners. All entries can be viewed on the CQA website here

Next, photos from The Wild Rose Stitchers, the Cochrane Alberta Chapter of The Applique Society.

Piece,

Linda

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars".

~ Les Brown

1 comment:

GailM. said...

They are beautiful. Loved seeing them. I wish I had the imagination!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...