STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

This and That...

I've been busy the last few days with "not so exciting" things like catching up on laundry and ironing, and housecleaning. Yesterday I tackled one of my least favourite jobs- cleaning the tops of my kitchen cabinets. I removed my collection of crocks, jugs, teapots and pitchers, and other "old junk" as my hubby calls it, washed them all, and then cleaned the cabinet tops. It's amazing how much dust and crud will collect up there! Not a fun job but it feels good to know it's all sparkly clean now, even if no one can see it...
Of course I've been watching some of the Olympics, and I'm more than halfway through another good book: What They Wanted by Donna Morrisey. Tonight was Choir practice and our monthly Guild meeting, so it will be one of those nights when I find it hard to get to sleep. My mind is spinning with music and quilts... colorful images, ideas, and harmonies that prevent me from falling asleep... AND I'm excited for tomorrow because I plan to spend some time with a new book I received today.
Last week I ordered Judith Baker Montano's new book Fibreart Montage and it arrived this afternoon. I was too busy to give it much more than a quick flip through, and I was out all evening. But tomorrow I'm going to sit down with a nice cup of coffee, and go through it page by page.. I can't wait! So come back tomorrow for a book review!

Piece,
Linda

"A room without books is like a body without a soul." ~ Cicero

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not in my wildest dreams could I envision sewing anything of this size. Your accuracy & choice of colors make me dream in technicolor. Great work as usual. Lucy
(not sure about a name yet)

GailM. said...

I'll be interested to see the book review. I'm working on my socks. I had to get my books out because I forgot how to do even the basic stitches. Gesh.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...