STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Going crazy, or already there?

I told you on Monday that I'm working on a new Miniature quilt....well, I'm not sure if I'm going crazy, or I'm already there! I decided it was time for a challenging project... yeah right! Challenging is the word!! I pieced several of the larger easier sets first. Done. Feels good to check them off. Then I thought I'd tackle the smallest most challenging units - it would feel REAL good to check them off! I'm working with 3/4" pieces - that means 1/4" when sewn together. And that's not just one piece of fabric. That's four pieces sewn together. Yes...picture one square on your 1/4" graph paper. Now imagine 4 little pieces sewn together within that 1/4" square. Uh-huh.... Four of those assembled with other pieces to yield a 3/4" finished block. 21 pieces within that 3/4" block... I have made three so far and they're getting better. I'm hoping the next one is a keeper, as the first three are rejects!
I don't have any pictures to share yet, but I hope to soon. Stay tuned... If I don't "surface" on here within 48 hours, will someone please call a psychiatrist for me?
Yep, that's how I've spent the bulk of my day..... I hope yours has been more productive...

Piece (yeah right!)
Loony Linda

"That which we persist in doing becomes easier - not that the nature of the task has changed, but our ability to do has increased". ~ Emerson. (Gee I sure hope he's right.....)

3 comments:

GailM. said...

Oh Loony Linda... These blocks sound so small. So what size sewing machine needle do you use. I find small sewing machine needles hard to find, do you. I know you use fine fine thread and that's hard to find too. Man I used to think sewing a mini would take mini-time, but I guess not.

MissesStitches said...

I'm really intrigued, Linda! Can't wait to see some photos. Just gotta say that your seams must be a lot more precise than mine are! Hang in there!

Linda H said...

Gail, I am using a Schmetz size 60/8 needle and 60 weight thread. MissesS, I don't know if my seams are any more precise than anyone else's, but they are improving, and I hope to have pics to show tomorrow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...