STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Disney Bound....

No, not me. I wish!! (Had you wondering there for a minute, though, didn't I?) No, it's my nephew who is taking his family to Disney World for March Break. They leave tomorrow and have a 6 hour drive to Portland Maine as they fly from there on Saturday. Doesn't sound like the driving is going to be great, either - weather forecast is not pretty... The kids have never flown before so the plane ride in itself is exciting, never mind the destination! So, being the good auntie, I borrowed an idea from my friend Gail and made "Activity Bags" for them, for the long drive... Just simple bags with their initial appliqued and blanketstitched, and a band of Mickey Mouse fabric at the top... Mallory, almost 12, and Nathan, almost 9, both like to draw so I bought this wonderful book at Chapters. It shows, step by step how to draw all the Disney characters. From Mickey and Minnie, Donald and Daisy, Goofy and Pluto, to Pooh and Tigger, Lion King, and many of the Pixar characters from Cars, Finding Nemo, Ratatouille, Buzz Lightyear, A Bug's Life, Monsters Inc., Wall*E and more. I hope this will keep them busy and happy for many miles. Of course I've also put in some puzzle and activity books, joke books, sketch books, journals, pencils, markers, stickers, some gum for the plane ride and a few snacks. They are both great readers and will each have a "book in progress" as well. So that should make the trip pass a little more quickly. Have fun kids!! Mum and Dad too!!
Piece,
Linda
Childhood is the most beautiful of all life's seasons.

2 comments:

GailM. said...

I bet they'll love their activity bags and all the snacks and puzzles. You are a GREAT Aunt. I love that you used Micky Mouse fabric on the bags. Great idea. That book is a great book and my kids loved drawing and tracing over all the characters. They brought home dozens of pictures for me. I hope I hope Malory and Nathan have a great trip to Disney. Maybe they'll wave to me as they fly over South Carolina!!!

Quilting Queen said...

What a great Auntie you are? Really smart idea..you have smart friends..actually it is great minds think alike..keep warm.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...