STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Music Quiz


Music is one of the aspects of Christmas that I enjoy the most. Tonight was our Ladies Choir Christmas Concert Dress Rehersal. It is such a thrill to sing in this choir of almost 100 voices. I can't wait for Sunday afternoon - the concert is sold out- 1000 tickets! We've even sold the seats we were going to occupy! There is a nice mix of sacred and secular pieces, old familiar carols and new ones you've never heard before.. We will sing in English, French, Spanish, Hebrew and Maliseet! Our audience is in for a treat!
I must give credit to my daughter Laura for this lovely photo of holly in the snow...
I thought some of you might enjoy this Quiz.... Can you identify these well known Christmas Carols? I'll post the answers in a few days...

1. Move hitherward the entire assembly of those who are loyal in their belief.

2. Listen, the celestial messengers produce harmonious sounds.

3. Nocturnal timespan of unbroken quietness.

4. An emotion excited by the acquisition of expectation of good given to the terrrestial sphere.

5. Embellish the interior passageways.

6. Heavenly beings from exalted surroundings.

7. Twelve o'clock on a clement night witnessed it's occurence.

8. Tintinnabulation of vacillating pendulums in inverted metallic resonant cups.

9. Small municipality in Judea southeast of Jerusalem.

10. Diminuative masculine master of skin-covered percussionistic cylinders.

11. Omnipotent supreme being who elicits respite to ecstatic distinguished male persons.

12. Natal celebration devoid of color.

13. In awe of the nocturnal timespan characterized by religious consecration.

14. Locomotion through a geographic state of fantasy during the season of nature's dormancy.

15. The first person nominative plural of triumvirate of far eastern heads of state.

16. In a distant location the existence of an impoverished unit of newborn children's slumber furniture.

17. Proceed forth and make declaration upon a specific geological alpine formation

18. Jovial yuletide desired for the second person singular or plural, by us.


Leave me a comment and tell me how many you could solve. Tomorrow I'll tell you about the "Hanging of the Garlic"...
Peace,
Linda
In music there is harmony, in harmony there is peace.

4 comments:

MissesStitches said...

Linda, these song titles were a lot of fun! I figured out several of the first ones, but that's all my brain could handle early in the morning (well, it's not SO early, but early for me!). Thanks for sharing them.

Wendy said...

Enjoyed your little quiz Linda, and think I may have figured them all out. I Love a good word challenge! I passed them(the questions, not the answers) along, hope you don't mind. Enjoy your Concert and Happy Holidays!

Laura Hubbard said...

Who took that beautiful photo, mama? ;)

GailM. said...

I can't wait to go to the concert. We are bringing Jessie and Emmie, our two oldest grandkids. I know they'll love it and it'll definitely be a great memory for them. I'm going to camp out early to get up front seats for them.

But that photo Linda. So can I please please use that photo for my blog header next December, please. I love that photo. I intended to change my blog header but never got around to it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...