STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

November

I dislike November. There's just no way around it. I find November and March are my least favourite months. The weather is usually less than desirable, although I must admit we have been lucky this year- it has been unseasonably warmer than usual this month. There is little color- the leaves have fallen, things are dull and brown (no offence to those of you who love brown!). The gardens are put to bed, the ground is freezing, the cold weather is coming, the days are getting too short. Bah humbug! I guess this is why I start my "hibernation" of sorts at this time of year.
I have tried to make myself see beauty in the monotone colors of November. But I love color, so it's difficult! Yesterday morning there was a good frost so I grabbed my camera and went outside for a few minutes to see what I could see... And there is still much beauty if you look for it... Both of these shots were taken within a few feet of my door. We have a fox in our neighbourhood. I think he has a home not far from mine, down on the golf course. He goes through our yard almost daily, showing no fear of people. If I can ever get a decent shot of him, I'll share, but he is quick - and he hasn't learned to pose...
Maybe we should be grateful that November comes when it does- giving us the opportunity to get going on stitching and sewing projects for Christmas. And speaking of being grateful, Happy Thanksgiving to all our American friends !!
Peace,
Linda
November..
Autumn days are almost gone,
Frost is sparkling on the lawn,
Windows winking cheerful lights
Warm the cold November nights.

1 comment:

GailM. said...

I'm with you on November, although, I find that this November is not that bad. Could be the weather is good and I can still get out for my 45 minute power walks across the train bridge every day. And I'm finding that it's a good month for sewing. I'm very productive so far this month. I love your frosty pictures and I hope you get a picture of the fox. I was in Newfoundland last year, and got a picture of a moose posing for the camera. I guess the moose there are used to visitors with cameras. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...