STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Countdown....

Ian's wedding is just a few days away now, and we are crossing things off the list. Hubby's Tux arrived last night- everything fit perfectly... except there was no tie. Hopefully it will come in tomorrow. I have finished my bracelet, so now I am all set except perhaps picking up an extra pair of pantihose to have on hand - always a good idea. This is another Kumihimo bracelet - they are really fun to do and I am pleased with it. This photo really does not do it justice...
Tomorrow I will cook a small turkey so that I can take some of the meat down to Mark. I know he will appreciate some yummy turkey - a few meals that he will not have to prepare himself! Not so sure I'll get a pot of turkey soup made before we go...
I know my posts have been a little less frequent lately, but those of you who have had family weddings know how busy things get. Just getting ready to be away for a few days takes a lot of work, as all Mothers know... and yes, I know my sewing machine is falling into a depression, thinking I have totally abandoned it.. did you all read the comment it left on my previous post? I tell you, I have one smart machine! Now I wonder who helped that comment along??? Hang in there baby, I'll be there soon...

Laura was home on the weekend, and it was so nice to be able to spend some time with her. Tomorrow I will share a few pics from Kings Landing with you - we spent a few hours there on Saturday; the sun actually shone and we had great fun with our cameras. I love the Landing in the fall - the trees, the crops being harvested, the pumpkins, etc. It's such a special place and we are so fortunate to have it so closeby. This is the last week they are open - Thanksgiving Monday is closing day.

Have you all been enjoying the gorgeous fall colors like I have? They seem to be more brilliant this year; the leaves also seem to be falling earlier than normal... :(

Piece,
Linda
"Why is it that so many of us persist in thinking autumn is a sad season? Nature has merely fallen asleep, and her dreams must be beautiful if we are to judge by her countenance".
~ Samuel Taylor Coleridge

2 comments:

GailM. said...

I did see that your sewing machine left you a comment. That is one smart machine. The bracelet is gorgeous. Again, you troublemaker, I just have to make one of those after I get back from my trip.

I'll think of you this weekend at Ian's wedding. Weddings are always a perfect moment to reflect on the loves in our lives and what a wonderful gift it is to love and to be loved. I wish the happy couple many blessings.

Anonymous said...

I love your quote today (as usual). Very appropriate for a rainy day especially. Your bracelet is beautiful. What a gorgeous touch to finish an ensemble. Is Ian your nephew? Enjoy the wedding & i can tell you from experience the trip this time of year will be memorable. The leaves are spectacular. LB

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...