STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Monday, May 25, 2009

It's nice to know a Big Winner!

Do you ever wonder who wins all the contests you enter? You never seem to hear. You fill out ballots, you wait for the phone to ring..but it never does...Publishers Clearing House never rings your doorbell... you never win that gorgeous Raffle Quilt... Well, today I have a happy story to tell you...
Did you hear of the "TrendTex Shop Hop" this past fall? Well...we have a WINNER in our area... Patti Durand of Saint John won the Atlantic Region prize- 240 Fat Quarters plus pattern books, and other goodies!! If you've ever wondered what 240 Fat Quarters would look like - here they are....
Here is Patti's story, in her own words. "I started collecting at the Kennebecasis Valley Quilt Show in Sept '08 with 3 of the vendors. Then took a shopping trip to Fredericton for another. Next I flew out to Alberta for my daughter's birthday and more Quilt Store shopping. My sister (who does not like shopping) kindly drove me to more quilt shops around Calgary. As I started buying the fabric, it seemed like a good idea to have a purpose, so I got the pattern Maple Leaves and Flying Geese. Of course I did not stop at the fabric, the Bags were too beautiful to leave in the stores and besides they were extra points. They became hostess gifts and Christmas presents. In March I was at a Quilt Retreat sewing the flying geese and showing off the lovely line of fabric. When I got home I had a message to call Trend-Tex - Yes I had won the Atlantic Regional Prize - 240 Fat Quarters, pattern books, and handcream, linen spray,and soap. Yippee !!"
So there you go..real people DO win .... and it's nice to know that occasionally it's a Maritimer! Congrats Patti - now we'll all be waiting to see what you make with all those lovely TrendTex Fabrics....
Piece,
Linda
"We must sail, sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it, but we must sail, and not drift, nor lie at anchor." ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

2 comments:

GailM. said...

WOW, isn't that great. Oh man, I'm so glad for her. yippee....

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Linda, just catching up on your blog and thought you might like to know that you know another "real" person who won something from the National Shop Hop...Me! I won one of the random prizes, which included a double charm pack, a single charm pack and a bundle of 25 fat 1/4's from one of the trendtex collections.
Wendy ( in Bathurst )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...