STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Off to Punkeydoodles Corner...

Now I realize there aren't too many people out there who know where Punkeydoodles Corner is, and likely many of you are thinking I am just making up a funny name- but it IS a real place. It is west of Kitchener Ontario, just outside the little town of New Hamburg. It is actually at the juncture of three counties, (Waterloo, Oxford and Perth if my memory serves me correct), which is where the "Corner" part comes in....I'm sure there's a good story to the "Punkeydoodles" part but I am not familiar with it...... It's beautiful farmland in this area, and home to Sandy's family. I am off tomorrow to attend her memorial service; there are a group of us going from Moncton, flying Westjet. It will be good to spend some time in that area, it's 15 years since I've been there.
This is one of my all time fav pics of Sandy - I took this sometime in the 80's on the family dairy farm at PC. Sandy is wearing her Dad's overalls... It sure won't be the same without her there... but we will be laying her ashes to rest on the grounds of a beautiful little stone church, just up the road from the farm. She will be back to the land she loved.
It's also Mennonite country- I love just driving through the countryside, looking at the farms and watching for horse-drawn buggies....I hope to get to Shakespeare, St. Jacobs and possibly Elmira, and into a few Quilt Shops, if I'm lucky . I'll give you a full report when I return...
Piece,
Linda
"We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing each other" ~ de Crescenzo

1 comment:

Patti said...

Yes there is a wonderful story to the quilt, and it comes with the pattern. I have been through the town a few times... The quilt is at the top of my bucket list and think I have all the fabrics that I will need.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...