STITCH LINES...... Ramblings on life as a quilter, stitcher, traveler, photographer, gardener and lover of books, cats and fine chocolate....

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I need more time...

I seem to be frantically trying to accomplish things .... so much to do and not enough time! I keep saying I wish I could find another 6-8 hours per day, just for ME; time when no one has to be fed, driven, needs laundry done or errands run.... I guess it would have to be between midnight and the wee hours of the morning... I realize it's NOT going to happen...
I'm away teaching again this coming weekend- my last class scheduled for now...Hurray! I love teaching, but it feels good to be done, too. Next weekend I will be in Ontario for Sandy's memorial service in her hometown, followed by burial near the family farm. I'm looking forward to a return visit, although I wish it were not for such a sad event. It will be good to see the rest of her siblings again.
There is so much work waiting to be done outside- my perennial beds are all popping up and will soon need my attention- I try to top-dress them all with my "special recipe" mixture of compost, bonemeal, sheep manure and a few other secret ingredients. Each plant gets a shovelful or two...
Another job I must finish this week is my door to door canvassing for the Canadian Cancer Society. I do it every year, but this year am doing two routes instead of my usual one, and I'm thinking of Sandy with every step. I got a good start last evening, and people were generous. Please give, when a canvasser comes to your door this month. It matters not the amount. Every dollar helps.
To end on a positive note, Laura found out yesterday she will be one of the Black Kat Scholar Award recipients. This is the highest award of recognition for Honours students at FHS, who have been heavily involved in school activities, done over 100 volunteer hours in the community, etc. We are very proud of her accomplishments. She also received notice in the mail of two university scholarships.... so it was a good day!!
I'm nearly done a second Stitch Sampler of Featherstitch, so am hoping to post pics of them tomorrow... Until then...

Piece,
Linda


"Spring unlocks the flowers to paint the laughing soil" ~ Heber

2 comments:

GailM. said...

Lots of meat here for comments. Again, my thoughts will be with you as you go to Ontario for Sandy's Memorial. She really sounded like an awsome person and the article in the Moncton paper really made me have a better understanding of how much she'll be missed.

You are a great person for doing the Canvasing for the Cancer Society. Not many people have the self confidence to knock on the doors ans ask for donations. My hubby did that last year, and I was so surprized cause she's such a shy guy. But he did it and came home with stories about who's who on our street. I think he enjoyed himself but it was a stretch for him.

Congratulations to Laura. I've said it before, the nuts don't fall far from the tree, do they... (I think I may have got the saying wrong but just the same... smart parents, smart kids)

Marie Alton said...

Just keep going ... it's all ya can do!
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger!"
Kind thoughts to you my friend! Will keep you in thoughts & prayers during your trying times...and share the joys of your future!
Hugs ... Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...